Library Services & Information Resources
This training was designed for international students at FEUP. Its main goal is to help them get acquainted with the library services and resources, in order to improve their academic experience at FEUP, making it more successful and enjoyable.
By the end of this training attending students should be able to:
- Describe the main services and facilities provided at the library, with special focus on the following features of the library catalogue: online renewals and reservations;
- Identify the information literacy skills required through the research process;
- Locate some information resources provided at the library's website, with special focus on e-books and journal articles;
- Apply some search strategies in order to recover better results (boolean operators, thesaurus, etc.);
- Be aware of good practices for citing sources in order to avoid plagiarism;
- Locate print books on the shelves using the call number recovered at the library's catalogue (practical activity).
Attention: this training will be held only in English language and it's for Erasmus Students only.
- 14:00 - 15:30
- Biblioteca - Sala de Formação (C601)